Harvest Barn Dance - Saturday September 29th [click for details]
Harvest Barn Dance
WI Auction and Supper - Thursday October 4th [click for details]
WI Auction and Supper
Plumtree is a small village with a population of around 200, located 5 miles (8 km) south-east of Nottingham, just off the A606 between Tollerton and Keyworth. Its population has remained fairly constant during its transition from an agricultural village to a residential one.
It features a thriving church dedicated to St Mary; a popular village hall; a pub called The Griffin Inn (which is currently closed for refurbishment and will re-open again in 2018); a premier league cricket team; and the award-winning Perkins Bar & Bistro and Carriage Hall.
- to publicise forthcoming events of interest to local residents;
- to provide a platform to showcase Plumtree’s social history;
- to describe local amenities for people visiting the area or thinking of moving to the village.
It is complementary to the Plumtree Church and Plumtree Parish Council websites, see below.
Plumtree Church Website
The Plumtree Church website contains all the information that was previously included in the Plumtree Church section of this website and much, much more, including:
- church services and events
- church life
- the church building
- Big Ted (of course)
Plumtree Parish Council Website
The Plumtree Parish Council website is concerned specifically with making the workings of the parish council available to residents and ratepayers, in accordance with the Transparency code for smaller authorities. It contains the following information:
- descriptions of Parish Councillors;
- dates, agendas and minutes of Parish Council meetings;
- full details of Parish Council finance and governance.