Historical EventsHome / Plumtree History / Historical Events
This section contains details of some historic social events that involved Plumtree. These items have been gleaned from old newspaper articles, and are presented verbatim but have been annotated with footnotes that put people and places in context.
In a farming community such as Plumtree, the harvest festival was an important event in the village's year. Here we present details of two of them:
- 1877 Harvest Festival and celebration of the Feast of St Luke.
- 1880 Harvest Festival; this was a joint celebration as it was also used to present Plumtree Church's new organ.
- Johnson Memorial Window; the dedication of Plumtree church's most modern stained glass window.
- 1980s Church Restoration an account of the time between 1984 and 1990 when Plumtree church's beautiful Bodley decoration was restored to pristine condition.
- The First Parish Council containing a photograph and the minutes of Plumtree's first Parish Council meeting, held in 1977.