DocumentsHome / Burnside Memorial Hall / Documents
The Burnside Memorial Hall has been serving the villages of Plumtree, Normanton-on-the-Wolds and Clipston-on-the-Wolds since 1921. It was donated to the ecclesiastical parish of Plumtree by Mrs Alice Mary Burnside, in memory of her husband, William Elliott Burnside (Lord of the manors of Plumtree and Tollerton) "…for the general benefit of the inhabitants".
Over the years the Hall has seen many improvements, not only to its structure and to the facilities that it offers but also to the documented Terms of Letting to be followed by its users.
Day-to-day running of the Hall is carried out by its Trustees who encourage users to become actively involved in its operation via a Management Committee which meets twice a year.
Since 1975, the Hall has been registered with the Charity Commission and complies with its legislated requirements.
This page contains copies of documents pertaining to the running of the Hall, as follows
- Terms of Letting
- Management Committee
- Charity Commission Registration Certificate
- Trustees Annual Report
- List of Trustees
- Deed of Trust
This document is currently under review.
A Management Committee monitors the affairs of the Hall and makes suggestions for improvements to the Trustees. The committee meets twice a year.
The Committee comprises:
- Trustee members;
- Community members: representatives of Plumtree Parish Council, Normanton Parish Council and Clipston Parish Meeting;
- User members: representatives of groups that use the Hall on a regular basis.
The Burnside Memorial Hall was registered with the Charity Commission in 1975.
The Charity Commission requires a Trustees' Annual Report to be produced for each financial year.
The following reports were approved by the Trustees and signed off at the corresponding Annual General Meeting.
There are currently eleven Trustees of the Burnside Memorial Hall:
- Mr Nigel Cutts [Chair]
- Mr Michael Clark [Bookings Secretary; Chair of Management Committee]
- Mrs Fiona Carruthers [Hon. Secretary]
- Mr Leslie Carruthers [Hon. Treasurer]
- Mrs Christine Goldstraw
- Mrs Pat Sumner
- Mrs Lottie Timmans
- Mr Ken Bloor
- Mr Frank Mason
- Mr David Page
- Mr Adrian Whiteside
The following document is a copy of the original Deed of Trust, dated 11th July 1921.